Modi Speech At UNGA
Prime Minister Of India Mr.Narendra Modi yesterday (27/9/2014) addressed UNGA (United Nations General Assembly). He delivered valuable speech and some important points of his speech are as follows,
Let me first congratulate you on your election as the President of the 69th session of United Nations General Assembly. It is a truly a great honour to address you for the first time as the Prime Minister of India
1) Every nation has philosophy and Have achieved a lot in past years. Indian Economy growing fast. India believe in Peace.
2) Pakistan issues are bilateral. Kashmir issue must not be discussed at UN. India ready to Engage with Pakistan in peaceful Atmosphere but nor under Shadow of Terrorism.
3) Pakistan must act regarding Kashmir before talk. Pakistan must take responsibilities too.
4) Terrorism must be ended in all nations. We need a genuine dialogue and engagement between countries. I say this from the conviction of the philosophical tradition that I come from.
5) Terrorism is taking new shape and new name. No country, big or small, in the north or the south, east or west, is free from its threat.
6) Some using terrorism as instruments. Seas space and cyber are new theater of terrorism.
7) We should ensure that there will be peace, stability and order in the outer space and cyber space. We should work together to ensure that all countries observe international rules and norms. we must pursue a more stable and inclusive global development.
8) If you think of the speed with which Facebook or Twitter has spread around the world, if you think of the speed with which cell phones have spread, then you must also believe that development and empowerment can spread with the same speed.
9) We should be honest in shouldering our responsibilities in meeting the challenges. National action is imperative. Technology has made many things possible.We need imagination and commitment.
10) We need to change our lifestyles. Energy not consumed is the cleanest energy.
11) Yoga is an invaluable gift of our ancient tradition. Let us work towards adopting an International Yoga Day.
Finally We are at a historic moment.
Let us fulfill our promise to reform the United Nations Security Council by 2o15. Let us fulfill our pledge on a Post-2o15 Development Agenda so that there is new hope and belief in us around the world. Let us make 2015 also a new watershed for a sustainable world. Let it be the beginning of a new journey together.